Hot Cross Muffins
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (sy pake 1 tsp)
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1 cup milk
125 gr butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp grated orange rind
1/4 tsp grated lemon rind
1 cup currants
Glaze : mix 1/3 cup icing sugar + 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1. In large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice.
2. In separate bowl mix together milk, butter, egg, vanilla, orange rind and lemon rind.
3. Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and add milk mixture. Stir to just combine, then fold in currants.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans and bake at 190 C for 15-20 minutes.
5. Drizzle a cross on the top with glaze made from icing sugar and lemon juice before serving.
* foto kanan atas diambil di St.Thomas Cathedral, Mumbai, sesaat sebelum kebaktian Paskah.