Banana Fritter served with Sambal Roa

It was a public holiday!
Lazy morning... woke up late, no special plan for that day.
After got back from the market, while waiting for my husband and son returning from the car workshop, I was thinking it would be good to have something to enjoy for morning snack.

Pisgor1

Ah.. .then I remembered somethings that make my eyes open bigger, my heart jumps faster and put a big smile in my face...
I remembered about a jar of 'Sambal Roa' still sitting down nicely in our fridge (brought by a friend of my husband from Manado, North Sulawesi), I remembered that many times I heard, I read, I watched how people in Manado enjoy the banana fritters with Sambal Roa, and I remembered I still keep the recipe pamphlet of 'Pisang Goreng Manado' that is served with Sambal Roa in my recipe box. Perfect!! My smile was getting bigger.

This is the perfect time to try this famous unusual combination.
With the simple 0ne-two-three steps, the snack was ready on the table. Warm, delicious, unique... clever combination.

For you who have no idea what Sambal Roa is, let me explain;
Sambal is a chili based sauce which is normally used as a condiment. Ikan Roa (Roa Fish) is smoked fish that is made from ikan terbang/garfish which can be found only in North Sulawesi water. So, this famous Sambal Roa is a chili based sauce that made by stir fry the chillies, tomatos, garlic, salt, pepper and Ikan Roa. Sound delicious, right! Chilli Sauce with the smoky fish flavour. Yum!

Morning Snack on our Independence Day :)

Pisang Goreng Manado / Manado Style Banana Fritters.
Bahan / Ingredients:
125 gr tepung beras / 125 gr rice flour
50 gr tepung sagu / 50 gr sagoo flour
1/2 sdt garam / 1/2 tsp salt
2-3 buah pisang tanduk setengah tua, potong-potong / 1-2 half ripe'horn'banana, sliced.
Minyak untuk menggoreng / Cooking oil for frying.

Cara Membuat :
1. Aduk rata tepung beras, tepung sagu dan garam. Tuangkan air , aduk hingga rata.
2. Celupkan pisang ke dalam adonan tepung, Goreng dalam minyak yang banyak dan panas hingga matang dan berwarna kuning kecoklatan. Angkat, tiriskan.
3. Sajikan dengan Sambal Roa.

Method:
1. Stir the rice flour, corn starch, and salt evenly. Pour the water, stirring until blended.
2. Dip the bananas into flour batter, deep fry in oil and heat until get cooked and the color become golden brown. Remove and drain.
3. Served with Sambal Roa.

Comments

Ira Rodrigues said…
mungkin suatu hari nanti aku bisa ngerasain ini sambal van, secara aku punya temen manado di sini :)
*buku recep nya lengkap hehehe
Vania said…
Ira, kalo aku berkesempatan ke Bali dan aku punya tuh ikan roa, kita ketemuan lagi sambil makan pisang goreng-sambal roa di pinggir pantai ha..ha..
Kebayang ngegosip sambil kepedesan huahhh..
Elsye said…
Van, aku rada bingung hihihe temenku juga makan pisang goreng pake sambel roa, emang enak yah ? belum pernah coba sebelumnya :D
Vania said…
Elsye,
sama! awalnya aku terheran2 dgn kombinasi yg agak aneh itu. Pertama mau nyoba pun ragu2. Sekali colek tuh sambel pake pisgor, astaga dahsyat Sye! ketagihan. Kapan2 kalo aku punya lagi ta bagi2 deh he..he..
Anonymous said…
wah, ikutan nyomot donkk...belum pernah nich nyoba makan pisang ama cabe...pernah juga ama mentega..:)
Van...aku nyontek resepnya. Tak diduga tadi pagi nemu orang yang jualan sambal roa di pasar :D Buatan orang Manado asli. *penasaran banget pengen nyoba. Aku makan sambalnya pake nasi anget sih enak bangetttt !!!
Amanda said…
Beautiful place to hang out in Dubai. Do visit and enjoy your meal.
Dhow cruise Dubai
Unknown said…
I love Sambal Roa.Me and my wifemakeand sell Sambal Roa,Its very addicting.