I believe some family have the same experience with me.
There are many dishes can be created from tofu, and there are some methods we can use to prepare the tofu dishes; fried, steamed, stir fried or baked.
Deep fried tofu probably is the most popular method for Indonesians. Easy to do and the result is magical delicious. Honestly, I do love frying tofu, but I keep trying not using this method too often for preparing the food for my family. One of the favorite tofu dishes in our house is Baked Tofu, and my children like to call it Tofu Schotel.
Normally I prepare this dish for dinner hence I have no time to take pictures of it. Finally I got a chance to prepare it for lunch, during a weekend. So, this time I prepared little bit earlier and had enough time to take some good pictures.
Last Saturday, I had a super relaxing time; just staying at home! I do love it.
After came back from market, cleaned the house, washed the car... then I decided to prepare the Baked Tofu for the children. It's an easy job; just mix all the ingredients and let the oven 'cooks' it for us.
When it's ready (including after took the pictures), we sat down together in the guest room, chatting, and enjoying our relaxing lunch. I served it with 'Tofu Stick' that I bought in Bandung during my 'day' trip last Thursday.
Interested to try? Here the recipe;
10 yellow tofu, mashed
3 shallots, sliced thinly
3 garlic, minced
1 carrot, chopped into small dices
100 grams shredded (cooked) chicken
2 spring onions
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
3 eggs, beat well
Cheddar Cheese, grated*
1. Preheat the oven 180 C. Grease your heatproof pan/pans, set aside.
2. Mix all the filling ingredients in one big bowl except cheese. Using spatula will make them easy to mix evenly.
3. Pour into the prepared pan/pans, sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese on the top.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes, remove from the oven. Leave on the wire rack for 10 minutes.
5. Serve warm with your favorite tomato/chilly sauce.
* I used 'Easy Melt Cheddar Cheese, that was all I had in my fridge. You may use cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese.