Enjoying the Warmth of Indonesian Traditional Beverage.

Rainy day, cold weather...
What are you looking for warming yourself? Jacket? Hot beverage?

For Indonesian, other than our legendary coffee or tea, we have many traditional hot beverages from different places in our country. With traditional recipes that passed from one generation to other generation, nothing can substitute the aroma and warmth of the traditional beverage brew.

IMG_3421wedank

One thing that I am really proud of is that our traditional beverages are made from natural ingredients and uncomplicated method to prepare.

For you who grow up or spend your life in West Java, you must be familiar with Bandrek or Bajigur or Sekoteng. I spent my high school and college time in Bandung, the capital of West Java province, so I know how those hot beverages can help warming my body in the middle of a cold night when I was busy with my school works. Ah, what good old days...

IMG_3342box

Lucky... so lucky, now we can find easily one of those my favorite West Java beverages.

The famous Nutrifood Company, now produce the Nutrisari's W'dank Bajigur. W'dank actually comes from the word Wedang which means hot beverage made from combination of sugar and coffee or tea or ginger, that normally brewed with boiling water and is served during a cold weather.

I tried the W'dak Bajigur (for many times already), oh.... other than it's so practical, I could recognize easily all the ingredients that mixing inside. The aroma of pandan leaves, the sweetness of palm sugar, and the tasty coconut milk combined nicely just after I brew in the cup.

IMG_3530wedankNW

To bring back the beautiful memory of how the bajigur was served in Jl. Supratman, Bandung back in early 90's (now they moved to Jl. Cisangkuy), I added coconut flesh and kolang-kaling (sugar palm fruits) just after I brewed the W'dank Bajigur. Don't forget the steamed banana or steamed peanut as the complimentary snacks.
P-e-r-f-e-c-t-!

IMG_2105wedank

My first experience to know more about this product began on last Satuday, during the Blogger Luncheon in Plataran Dharmawangsa, a pretty Indonesian restaurant in South Jakarta area.
Meeting some Indonesian bloggers and we got opportunity to hear Bowi's experience as a travel blogger. We explored the warmth of Indonesia with him, the writer behind The Travel Junkie blog.
Bowiii... thank you.

IMG_2113travJunkies

plt

The delicious exotic Indonesian Food on the long dining table were served during the event. Unfortunately, I had to leave the event just before the main course were about to be served because I had to send my kids to the other place.

Thank you so much to all new Friends from W'dank Nutrisari for the hospitality.
I'm so blessed to have opportunity to meet you all.

hhmm ...I'll be back with the other variants of W'dang.
I still have Sari Jahe, traditional beverage from Central and East Java, Sarabba' from Makassar and Pletok from Betawi/Jakarta. See you...

www.wdank.co.id
https://www.facebook.com/NutriSariWdank
Twitter @w_dank
IG @w_dank

IMG_3363bajigurWM

Have a good night, 
Have a beautiful weekend, Friends.
Stay Warm and brew your favorite beverage.

Comments

dyananda said…
mbak Vaaaaan, sekamat ya as overall 1st winner in DMBLGiT Feb 2015!!! sbg newbie yg baru buka DMBLGiT aku terkaget2 ada fotomu disana, aaah saluuuuut!!
Unknown said…
Gimana rasanya wedank? Saya belum pernah merasakannya karena dari aromanya aja udah nusuk banget di hidung. Anyway, makasih udah share..
Salam,
rental mobil jogja semberani