[Click-Crust] Vegetable Potli Samosas

You will be dissapointed if you're expecting to find samosa recipe here. I'm not posting it at least for now. I never post any recipes in my blog if I haven't tried yet that recipe & I'm convinced that it works. I didn't make the samosas on the picture below. I got them as simple as one, two, three: go outside, buy, bring them home!
Samosas are the most popular savoury snack in India. In Mumbai, you can find them from any fancy restaurants to the simple street food stalls. My samosas, I bought them in a cafe near by our apartment. Samosa deep-fried crispy pastries filled with a spicy vegetable mixture, a spicy meat and pea mixture, or, sometimes paneer. They can be eaten while still steaming hot or carried away to be eaten cold.

VegPotliSamosa1

The picture above is my entry to Click Montly Event. The theme for this month is Crusts. I got the idea just last week, when I was photo hunting around a place called Muhammad Ali Road somewhere in Southern Mumbai. I was so excited to see how Indian Muslims celebrating the holy month of Ramadhan, since I come from Indonesia as the most populous Muslim country in the world.

VegPotliSamosa2

There are many mosques around Muh. Ali Rd. Judging from the architecture, you can tell that most of them are very old. It is very interesting that these mosques were built in colorful, pretty and very beautiful details. You can see some of them in my flickr. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to go inside to take picture (ah poor me).
Other than old & beautiful mosques, I found that the people there are very friendly and also they have very interesting and unique street foods. There're too many of them and smelled so good, but eventhough I wasn't fasting, I didn't have enough gut to try them. ha..ha..
Hey, this is for a healthy reason! too many flies :)

Street Food during Ramzan

In one corner, I saw a very hungry boy busy eating fresh fried samosas. He gave me the idea for this click event. Yeah, CRUSTs of samosa...

For all muslims around the world,
Mosque2
Eid Mubarak!

Comments

Anonymous said…
thank you, vania. i'm from mumbai. your post brought back some memories.
Snjezana said…
Beautiful photos!:)
Anonymous said…
those look extremely appetizing:-) I am hubgry now.
Great picture too!!
Ema said…
Hi Van.., thank's untuk ucapan lebarannya...aku ga mudik br bbrp bln lalu mudik lama, btw photo2nya keren euy.., jd lbh tau ttg india...:)
semoga menang ya....
Anonymous said…
Mbak Vania, mohon maaf atas segala kekhilafanku yah :) Salam hangat tuk keluarga dan peluk sayang tuk Patricia dan Patrick :-*
Vierly said…
Great Pic.... samosanya jg look good...hhmmmm...
Salam kenal yaaa (",)V
Dita said…
gue gak mudik Van :).
Suka sama foto2 lo, terutama yg street food itu. Bagus banget ya buat obyek foto, tapi mungkin gak bagus buat peyut :D.
sefa firdaus said…
Van... fotonya cantik banget, gue pasti milih elo deh ;)
indosungod said…
Beautiful photo! I have never make picture perfect samosas but this Potli Samosa is something I can aspire to.
bee said…
dear vania,
there's something for you at jugalbandi. congratulations!!!
Anonymous said…
menggoda banget itu samosa Van. aku suka banget makan yg pedes, sayang disini susah cari yg bener2 enak.
mudah2an menang yah....
sefa firdaus said…
Vaniaaaaaaaa
dirimu memang Click say, selamat yaaaaaaa!

senangnyaaaaaaaaa
Ema said…
congrats van.., sekarang giliranmu nih..emang kerenn..bow...:)
selamat ya...
Anonymous said…
Selamat ya Van.. ikutan seneng
sefa firdaus said…
Van... maaf yak, itu postingannya kedelete gak sengaja, hihihihi
tadinya si html utk read more berantakan, trus aku mau edit malah kepencet delete :D

Thanks a lot say.
I'm just lucky that you didn't take part in DMBLGIT Sept 2008 ;)
A.G said…
congrats mbak...photonya keren :)
Anonymous said…
selamat juga loh Van, kan gue udah jagoin nih dapet hadiah, eh bener aja :D
A. Ann said…
Selamat Mba Vania..:-)
lubnakarim06 said…
Iam drooling over by seeing the pics. Yummy clicks.
Anonymous said…
Van, congrat yah. sorry telat dr gw. baru beredar lagi soalle.
happy jepret - gk heran lo menang soalle fotonya mantep!