Pearl Sagoo Porriage with Steam Banana & Fermented Cassava
Sun and rain, the combination of both are good for plants. Now, we really enjoy lots of beautiful red flowers that are blooming around our house. To be honest, since we had this our own house a couple of years ago, we let our yard to be covered by green grass; no flowers, no other plants. The reason is we want our children who like to do outdoor activities to play freely. My son can play soccer anytime he wants in the yard, or both of our children can play 'rain' in the garden and I don't need to worry they will destroy the plants/flowers. Our plan is we will start to decorate our yard when both children are teenagers :)), but next month I'll start to plant some herbs in our backyard.
Now, some of the trees that grow outside of our wall fence have started to bloom. Some of the branches and flowers get into our garden. We really enjoy it every day! Very beautiful.
During the quick changing weather, I tought it was nice to have food that good to be served either in hot or cold weather. Something that can be served warm and cold, as well.
So, last Friday I decided to prepare this sweet porriage, Pearl Sagoo Porriage. It is very easy to prepare it. Again, does not require special skill. Make sure you have pandan leaves, that will provide a special aroma to the porriage. I chose steam banana and fermented cassava to accompany this delicious porriage. You also can substitute the banana with jack fruit or even durian.
I enjoyed this warm sweet porriage on Friday afternoon, while the big rain poured our city, and I enjoyed it in cold on Saturday, before and after my two wisdom teeth were taken (yup, I just got a minor teeth surgery last weekend! I hate it!!).
Anyway, both cold and warm porriage were super delicious... but I prefer the cold one :)
Bubur Sagu Mutiara
750 ml santan dari 1/2 butir kelapa
3 lembar daun pandan
5 buah pisang kepok rebus.
200 gr gula pasir
1/2 sdt garam
250 gr sagu mutiara kering
air untuk merebus sagu mutiara
Tape Singkong/peuyeum, potong kotak-kotak (1 cm).
1. Masak santan bersama daun pandan, potongan pisang rebus, gula dan garam sampai mendidih sambil ditimba-timba supaya santan tidak pecah. Setelah gula laruh, angkat.
2. Rebus sagu mutiara dalam air mendidih sampai berwarna bening dan matang, angkat, tiriskan. Siram dengan air dingin, sisihkan.
3. Masukkan sagu mutiara rebus ke dalam kuah santan, aduk rata.
4. Penyajian: Taruh bubur dalam mangkuk saji, tambahkan potongan tape singkong. Sajikan hangat atau dingin.
**perlu diingat bahwa sagu mutiara ini mudah menyerap cairan, sehingga akan lebih baik apabila pencampuran kuah santan dan sagu mutiara dilakukan apabila bubur ini akan disajikan.
Pearl Sagoo Porriage
750 ml coconut milk from 1/2 coconut
3 pandan leaves
5 steam banana, slice about 1 cm
200 gr sugar
1/2 tsp salt
250 gr dry pearl sagoo
water to boil the dry pearl sagoo
fermented cassava, cut into 1 cm squares
2. Cook pearl sagoo in boiling water until done and become tranparent. Rinse with cold water and drain.
3. Add the pearl sagoo to the coconut milk sauce. Stir well.
4. Serve the porrige in a bowl, add some fermented cassava square. You can enjoy it either warm or cold.
** please note that the pearl sagoo absorb liquid fast. So my suggestion: mix the cooked pearl sagoo with coconut sauce just before you serve it.