Fermented Cassava Cake
After arriving at home, I decided to bake the popular 'Peuyeum Cake' (~Fermented Cassava Cake). No need to spend too much time to find the recipe, since it is stick on my kitchen wall. This time, I put a bit more fermented cassava, and it produced heavier texture to the cake.
It's good for my children afternoon snack :)).
Actually, I posted this recipe years ago in Bahasa Indonesia, you can check it in this posting.
300 gr peuyeum (fermented cassava), choose the mature ones, remove the fiber (~ axis)
50ml sweetened condensed milk
180 gr caster sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
100 gr unsalted butter + 50 gr margarine, melted
100 gr grated cheddar cheese
175 gr all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
2. Puree the fermented cassava with a fork, mix the sweetened condensed milk. Mix it well and set aside.
3. Beat eggs and sugar until sugar is dissolved and condensed. (*set the mixer in high-speed).
4. Add vanilla, beat well. Gradually add the fermented cassava mix while beating until blended.
5. Pour the melted butter-margarine and stir well.
6. Add mixture of flour and 50 grams of cheddar cheese, stir well.
7. Pour into baking pan, sprinkle with another 50 grams of cheddar cheese, and bake in hot oven 180 C for 45 minutes until cooked.
8. Remove, let it cool. Serve.
*This cake is best served in warm from the oven.