Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Brownies ini sebenarnya orderannya Patricia, udah lumayan lama tertunda... akhirnya disempet2in buatin dia. Peanut butter brownies ini adalah varian dari Coconut Swirl Brownies, yg jadi favorite dan andalan saya.
Source : Martha Stewart Living, Annual Recipes 2005
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
8 tbs unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus more for pan
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (coarsely chopped)
4 ounces semisweet chocolate (coarsely chopped)
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Make filling: Stir together butter, confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, salt and vanilla in a bowl until smooth, set a side.
2. Preheat oven to 325 F/170C. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan; line with foil or parchment, allowing 2 inches to hang over sides. Butter lining (excluding overhang); set aside.
3. Make batter: Put butter and chocolates in a heatproof medium bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until melted. Let cool slightly.
4. Whisk together flour, baking powder & salt in a separate bowl & set a side.
5. Whisk granulated sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and whisk until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture, stir until well incorporated.
6. Pour 1/3 of batter into prepared pan, & spread evenly w/ a rubber spatula. Place dollops of filling (about 1 tbsp each) about 1 inch apart on top of butter. Drizzle remaining batter on top & gently spread to fill pan. Place dollops of remaining filling on top.
7. With a butter knife, gently swill filling into batter, running knife lengthwise and crosswise through layers three times each, and reaching to bottom of pan. Bake until a cake tester inserted into brownies (avoid center and edge) come out w/ a few crumbs but is not wet, about 45 minutes.
Let cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes. Lift out brownies; let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares.