Pear Tart

Hello Blogosphere!
I hope all is fine with you.

Huff, what a long break!
It's more than 4 months since my last post in August 2014, and now... on the first month of year 2015, I decided to be back. Enough blogging break.
We are still here, in Jakarta. I'm still baking, cooking, styling and photographing the food. I upload my food pictures regularly in my Instagram, so everything is in good order and organized properly.

Lot of things in my mind that I really want to share; some recipes I tried and became our favorite, our camping trip story and some tips to bring your children travelling, colorful life story of being a mom of 2 teens, and product review to the food-styling tips for food-photography.

aug1

In my Instagram pictures collection, regularly I upload a collage of 9 pictures at the end of the month; containing some of the pictures that I took during that month.
So for starting, I'll upload 1 tart recipe from my August 2014 posting in Instagram and will be followed by other recipes from the following months; Sept, Oct to Dec 2014.
Haa... this means I have many topics for blogging.

Let's start!
-------------------------------------------
Pear Tart. 

While browsing the pages of my new Donna Hay 'Fresh and Light' book (that I bought after winning MAP vouchers from Genji Review a month before), I was stuck in a dessert part, at the recipe of Pear Tart.
I always feel excited, when I find there are fruits taking part as the ingredients of the cake, especially when the fruits are easy to find here, in Jakarta.

IMG_8765peartart

IMG_8734peartart

Other than the fruits, this simple tart using whole wheat flour, almond meals, and only little sugar. I got lovely nutty texture of tart, and it's also beautifully moist by the help of almond meal. The sweetness came from the pear and maple syrup plus little sugar that sprinkled on the top.

I'm happy with result, I'm glad for my decision to buy this book.

IMG_8679pear

Pear Tart

Ingredients
3/4 cup (115) plain (all purpose) whole-wheat flour
1/3 cup (40 gr) almond meal (ground almonds)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup (80 ml) maple syrup
1 egg
3/4 cup (180 ml) buttermilk
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
40 gr unsalted butter, melted
2 firm pears, peeled, cored and sliced
2 tbsp raw sugar
1 quantity whipped vanilla ricotta, to serve (optional)

Preheat oven to 190C (375F).

Place the flour, almond meal and baking powder in a bowl and mix to combine. In a separate bowl, mix together the maple syrup, egg, buttermilk, lemon rind and cinnamon. Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients with the butter and mix to combine.

Line the base of a greased 24 cm loose-bottomed tart tin with non-stick baking paper. Pour the mixture into the tin and smooth the top.

Arrange the pears over the top and sprinkle with sugar.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the tart is cooked when tested with a skewer.

Serve warm with the whipped vanilla ricotta if you like.
Serves 8-10

Untitled-Stitched-03
IMG_8739peartart
Have a good night,
Stay Warm.

Comments

happy to know you'll be back mba Vania ^_^
Uptourist said…
Loving how it turned out. It is so clean and beautifully cut. I wish my tart would turn out as beautiful as that.
Ivonie said…
Duuh enknya mbk. Foto2nya kereen ^_^
Ar+ said…
I love your blog... And I'm glad you're back