Beet and Carrot Muffins.

Hello Blogosphere. yei... I'm back, start blogging after 2 months absent.
Classic reason: busy (yeah, right!). Thank God, all of us are healthy and enjoying our busy days.

Hey... it's October! Don't you feel excited when entering this month?
My heart beats a bit faster when I realize that we're on the first week of the last 3 months in this year. I feel that the days are more and more colorful and inspirations are flying around my head.

Thirdweek notalwaysgreen smoothies4 smoothie1

A new thing from me...
For the last 1.5 months, I have become a monster 'raw' smoothie. Most of my mornings are started with simple green smoothies (sometimes not so green, or even totally not green smoothie), and it becomes a habit.
Lots of benefits I get from it; lost some weight, get healthier skin, more energetic.  ...and my fridge is full of good things :)

Trying many unusual ingredients for preparing my smoothie is an exciting experience, and after all it effected myself to be braver to explore unfamiliar ingredients in the kitchen.

IMG_1851beetmuffin

So... here is my baking adventure result about 3 weeks ago.
At that time I tried to combine two root vegetables; beet and carrot in the muffins.
They mixed nicely in the dough, together with others ingredients producing a beautiful soft texture in each cup of muffin.

IMG_1110ingredients

Honestly, I can easily recognize the flavor of the beet, but not in my children's tongue.
I told them, those were carrot muffins. I know they really like carrot cake, carrot muffins and also carrot cookies that I baked for them.
Really, they loved this muffins... so much, and had no problem after I told them that I put grated beet on the dough. Yey, I was a happy mother!

IMG_1807beet

Beet and Carrot Muffins
*inspired by Homegrown Recipes Magazine, NZ.

Ingredients :
1/3 cup vanila oil
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
handful raisins/dry cranberries
handful almond slices
1 small carrot
1 small beet

Method : 
Beat oil, sugar, yogurt & vanilla until thick.
Fold in sifted dry ingredients, grated vegetables & dry fruits.
Spoon into muffin tins, top with almonds &bake at 180C for 15 mins (mini muffins) or 25 mins (standard muffins).

IMG_1929beetmuffin

May your October be filled with blessings.

Comments

Roossy Tirta said…
Allo Mbak Vania, suka minum Green Juice juga yach....sama donkk...suami juga suka nich..bagus emang palagi buat saya yang punya acid reflux:)
Vania said…
Hay Roos...
Toss. Iya, skrg jadi rutin dan ketagihan, tiap pagi bikin green smoothies.
Pasta-recipes said…
This recipe is ideal for me, because I do not eat sweet muffins. I have never taste such incredible muffins.
Unknown said…
Its really unique healthy recipe.I wanna to have it.
Unknown said…
Hi kak vania...I just encountered your blog and really loved it. I really loved your photos, im wondering do you do food photohraphy for other resto? I'm opening up an indonesian pastry cafe and wondering if u can be hired for e food photography :) let me know via email at hansen.wong@hotmail.com. Cheers
Hesti HH. said…
Smoothiesnya look so refreshing dan variatif mbak, apalagi muffinnya. Smoga sekeluarga sehat terus ya mbak...
Unknown said…
I am keen to prepare green smoothies. I am not sure for adding beet and carrot in the muffins. But it sound well. I am looking for such indian food recipe ideas and prepare dishes.
Wahyu said…
wew,, enak banget nieh kayaknya... Aneka Resep Nusantara
unique healthy recipe,Mouth Watering photographs,Excellent Photography, Article is certainly a Visual Delight for the readers on Travel and Tourism.
Anonymous said…
An enormous round of applause, continue the great work.vietnam tour
Unknown said…
Thank you for the inspiration. I can really expand my repertory now. I will travel to India next summer and I hope to bring with me some interesting recipes as well.
http://reservationcounter.com/

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uptourist said…
I love that you can introduce veggies into the muffins without the kids knowing. The muffins looks enticing so I know the kids will love them.
Dhairya said…
Awesome...It's look so beautiful and yummy.Thanks for sharing Nice recipe.


SyncVisas