Fresh Tomato Soup

The weather is changing rapidly.
Pretty good, we can enjoy two different weather in one day. Warm sunshine in the morning, fresh cool air in the evening. Raining season will come soon.

During the changing weather, unfortunately some of families and friends around me got flu, sore throat, and even dengue fever. I'm sorry for that.

So serving healthy warm food for my family would be always a good idea.
The tomato soup is the first one came in my mind. I remembered how delicious my mom's tomato soup, with chopped carrots and sausages, and served with croutons.
I tried to make it, we like it so much, but this time I decided to cook using a different recipe; the one that use lots of fresh tomatoes without tomato sauce or tomato paste. Fresh Tomato Soup.

IMG_2235tomato

Inspired by the Fresh Tomato Soup recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine ten years ago (October 2003 edition), I prepared this soup for our dinner last week.
I added chopped carrots and diced chicken to give more texture to the soup and served with bread.
Very-very easy to prepare, fresh and super delicious.

I do like the color, the thickness, the flavor, all in one bowl.
You know what? I'll make it again this week.

IMG_2366soup

Fresh Tomato Soup
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
9 garlic cloves, crushed
About 19 ripe orange or red tomatoes, coarsely chopped
3 teaspoon sugar
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
2 cups boiling water
1 medium carrot, peeled, diced
150 gr cooked chicken, diced
Parsley for garnish

1. In a large stockpot, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent and very tender, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, and sugar; season with salt and pepper.

2. Raise heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until liquid is reduced by one-quarter and has thickened slightly, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the water if you need. Remove from heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove the carrots. Let soup cool 10 minutes.

3. Pass soup through a food mill set over a pan/bowl to puree; discard solids. Add the chicken, and the carrots, season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with parsley if desired.

IMG_2327roti1280 IMG_2464cupsoup1280

The bread? I got it from the store, cut it small and grilled with little margarine on a grill pan.
It'll be easy for us to dip the bread into the soup.

IMG_2422soup
Have a good night, Friends.

Comments

Hesti HH. said…
Belum pernah bikin, ngiler berats lihat punya mbak Vania...fotonya itu lho *glekh glekh*
Anonymous said…
looks so good ...and beautiful picture .... rina
Gear KHK said…
bagus banget gan fotonya
inverter said…
makasih gan infonya
Renuka said…
Tomato soup looks just too good! Although I am not a big fan of tomato soups, this one looks so pungent!
Anonymous said…
Sangat2 mencari resep ini,oiya mbak wortelnya pertama masuk step no 1 ato 2?
Roossy Tirta said…
Great photos as usual. pa kabar nich Mbak Vania?
great photo
SUNWAKE said…
Nice information about travel with various food items. Visit Trekking In Nepal to get information about trekking and other travel package on Nepal and also to find best packages in a best rate.
kenny brooks said…
My hubby loves me but hates my cooking :( . When i made this tomato sauce, he was telling me that this is vampire food (he is in love with Bella swan :) . Jokes apart, this is first time that he loved anything made by me.I will try more of your recipes .
Purple said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
recipe said…
Great i like
Resep Kue said…
blog indo target UK keren
Rosdi Eunos said…
sangat membuka selera..
Rosdi Eunos said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Thumbs up guys you are really carrying out a great job.vietnam travel